We are re-opening our office Monday, May 4. In addition to the infection control procedures we have had in place in our office for years, per the CDC and federal and state dental agencies, we are implementing the following in light of the COVID-19 situation:
- When you call to make an appointment, the office person you are speaking with will ask you some screening questions.
- When you arrive to the parking lot of our building, call us on your cell phone to let us know you are here. You will be asked the screening questions again since it may have been a few days between making the appointment and arriving for it. Before coming into our office knock on the door and someone will come out and take your temperature (digital or disposable thermometer).
- If you don't have a cell phone, come to the front door of our office and knock before you come in. Someone will come out (keeping 6 feet apart) and ask you the screening questions and take your temperature (digital or disposable thermometer).
- During this time, we will ask that if someone brought you to the office that they wait in the car. We will get their cell number and can call them if needed. We want to keep the reception area available for patients being seen at that time.
- If you do not have a mask on when you arrive we will provide one for you to use while in the reception area and billing area.
- We will ask you to use the hand sanitizer when you come into the office. We will have hand sanitizer in other areas of the office for you to use as needed.
- Our reception area will no longer offer magazines, children's toys and so on since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. To keep the social distancing in place you may be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. We have rearranged our reception area to accommodate this protocol.
Please know that we are doing everything we can to keep everyone safe and healthy. Because this is new territory for everyone, the above may be changed as necessary to make sure we stay current with any new recommendations for infection control by the CDC and other agencies. If you have any questions regarding our protocol as above, give our office a call at (503) 257-3033. We look forward to seeing you soon.
~Dr. Dave & Team
East Portland Dentist, David N. Carothers welcomes you!
Providing Families with Comprehensive Dentistry in East Portland, OR Since 1985
Schedule An Appointment
Personalized Dental Services from an Experienced Team
Helping our patients overcome their aesthetic and oral health challenges often requires treatment beyond routine examinations and cleanings. Working with you every step of the way, our Portland dentist develops individualized plans incorporating a number of services, which may include:
No matter if your concerns are centered on improving appearance or regaining full dental function, we tailor care to match your pace and personal comfort level.
Known for his skill as a clinician, Dr. Carothers strives to make each visit as pleasant of an experience as possible. He takes every patient’s unique preferences into consideration and, if requested, can even perform some procedures without the use of Novocaine. For situations where general anesthesia would make extensive treatment more comfortable, our dentist collaborates with a trusted anesthesiologist.
Caring for the Oral Health of Multnomah County
At our East Portland dental practice, we believe being your oral health care providers means doing more than looking after your teeth. When recommending treatment to improve your overall wellness, our dentist addresses problems ranging from dental decay to obstructive sleep apnea.
The more people know about the link between their dental and overall wellness, the easier they feel about receiving treatment. For this reason, education is a large focus for Dr. Carothers and his entire team to both stay current with the latest advances in dentistry and help patients gain greater insight into their smile. We invite you to ask any questions throughout your care and make sure to always answer in a straightforward manner.
Looking to Make Your Next Dental Visit a Positive One? Give us a Call Today!
It is our privilege to enhance the lives of the individuals and families who come to us for care. Dr. David Carothers and his team believe providing treatment that thoroughly addresses oral health issues in a friendly, open environment is the key to achieving this goal.
Contact our office and schedule an appointment to discover more about the general, therapeutic, and cosmetic dental services we offer for patients throughout the Greater Portland area.